The children are excited that the weather is warming, and we look forward to a lot more outdoor time on the playground during March! Our new playground apparatus is in – but we are awaiting one last part to be delivered until we can use it! The children have been so patient!
During March, we will also have our monthly exciting visit from Mr. Scott the Music Man on March 30th.
Looking forward to a fun and enriching month together! Thank you for being a part of the Peppermint Tree community.
Valerie Frost-Lewis, MS Ed
Our next Parent Group Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 9th, at 8:00 p.m. via Zoom. We will be planning our April “Family Crafty Recycling Night” so please plan to join us!
All parents/guardians and staff are welcome to help us plan events and activities that benefit The Peppermint Tree children and families. Come and meet your fellow Peppermint Tree parents and help us continue to bring great experiences to our kids and families.
Registration for Summer Camp 2022 and 2022-23 School Year are now in Full Swing
We are now accepting both summer camp 2022 and school year 2022-2023 registrations from the general public. If you have not yet registered your child, please do so as soon as possible, as space is limited, and we are filling up quickly. (For Summer Camp Registration: Call first if you are registering for Camp – as some groups are full with a waitlist already). With our on-site swimming pools and extensive activities, our summer camp tends to fill quickly. You can register quite easily, for both Fall and Summer, on-line at our secure website: https://www.pepperminttree.com/registration/ or by filling out the paper application we sent home recently.
Please keep in mind that there is a $150.00 family registration fee to reserve your spot for the 2022-23 school year and a $100.00 family registration fee for Summer Camp. A separate fee is required for each session, however, one fee covers all children in your family for that session. We also offer online payment for the Registration Fee and for tuition as well, via PayPal upon submitting the online registration. If you have any questions, just call us at 732-929-2500.
A quick reminder about Summer Camp tuition: The first payment for summer camp is due on June 1, as is your last payment for school tuition (unless you get your security deposit applied). Some families choose to begin paying for Summer Camp in advance by making partial payments to offset the extra tuition due in June. We will gladly work out a payment plan that will work for you. Just call the office.
$25.00 Referral Tuition Credit – for each family you refer to Peppermint Tree (once they register)
Is your family enjoying all of The Peppermint Tree activities? Is your child benefiting from the loving care and enriching education we offer? If so, please spread the word about Peppermint Tree! We will reward you, if you do!
“Word of Mouth” is our best form of advertising! And, we truly appreciate your spreading the word about Peppermint Tree to your friends, family and neighbors. We offer all of our current families a tuition credit of $25.00 for each new family you refer to Peppermint Tree. Once they pay their registration fee, we credit your account $25.00. There is no limit to the number of credits you can earn!
Upcoming Family Events in April – Mark your calendars!
- Ocean County Children’s Festival “Community of Caring”: Saturday, April 9th, 11:00 a.m.– 3:00 p.m., at Toms River Library (both indoors in Mancini Hall, and outdoors in the courtyard)– mark your calendars! This is a rain or shine event. This will be a fabulous free family event including children’s activities, crafts, a children’s art show, performances by local dance and karate studios and an interactive performance by Mr. Scott the Music Man. This event is in celebration of the National “Week of the Young Child”. Miss Val is proud to be the organizing chairperson of this community event. We hope to see you there! More details to come.
- Budding Artists Gallery – at Toms River Library -on display during the Children’s Festival on April 9, 2022. Peppermint Tree will be submitting a selection of our student’s artwork for the show.
- Family Crafty Recycling Night- Monday evening , April 11th, on our playground – save the date! More details to follow. The parent group is planning this fun event!
- When you drop off or pick up from one of the front classrooms, please do not park at the end of the driveway. There is not enough room to accommodate your car and another pulling in, and we do not want your car to be accidentally hit by someone swinging into the driveway. If you are coming to the front door, you may park on the street either before or after the yellow curb, or in our driveway, behind the front edge of the building. Do not park next to the front lawn. Thank you!
- When dropping off or picking up from school please hold your child by the hand. We have a very busy driveway and parking lot, and Partridge Street is also quite a busy street.
- Afternoon Snack: Many full day children come to the end of the day and find they have nothing left in their lunch box by the 2:00 p.m. snack time, and the 5:00 p.m. snack time. (4:00 p.m. for school aged children). Please send in a labeled snack meant for the afternoon, or two afternoon snacks if your child is here after 5:00 p.m. Label it “Afternoon Snack”. Please remember that a healthy snack includes two food groups, so whole grain crackers and peanut butter, or apple slices and cheese, for example would constitute a healthy and complete snack.
- “Boxtops for Education”: Remember to download the app and scan your receipts. This is an important fundraiser for us! Thank you!
Let’s have a wonderful March together!
Valerie Frost-Lewis, MS Ed.
Owner/DirectorTags: Child Care, child care toms river nj, day care, Day Care Toms River NJ, Early childhood education, Mr. Scott the Music Man, Pre-K Toms River NJ, Preschool Registration, Preschool Toms River NJ, School Registration, Summer Camp Registration, Summer Camp Toms River NJ, toddlers
Leave a Reply