Happy New Year to all of our families and staff! We hope you and your family had wonderful holidays together! We have a lot in store for your children and for the whole family in 2023.
I am so thankful and excited to let you know, that as a community, we raised over $600.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through our Pajama Days in December. Thank you to all who participated!! You all also raised over $1,300.00 for our Chick Hatching and new Playground supplies for the Spring from the Miss Chocolate Fundraiser sale! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Announcing … ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2023 IS NOW OPEN for Current families only! We are offering in-house priority registration to our current students so you can save a spot for your child before we open the registration up to the public. You may complete the registration form and pay the registration fee on our website to save your child’s spot for the next school year.
- In-House Priority Registration for School Year 2023-24 for current families only: Now through – January 15, 2023. As of January 16, 2023, Fall 2023 registration will be open to the public. Online registration is open now, and we are also sending home a paper registration.
- In-House Priority Registration for Summer Camp 2023 for current families only: January 16, 2023 – January 31, 2023. As of February 1, 2023, Summer Camp registration will be open to the public. We are usually 100% sold out for camp (with a long waiting list), so please register during the in-house priority registration period to ensure you get a spot and the schedule you need! For this summer – field trips are back! And, we will also have entertaining visitors, and of course we will have the Swimming Pools open and offer lots of on-site special activities and themes. If your child has not attended our summer camp in the past, you can learn more about it at: https://www.pepperminttree.com/our-summer-program/
Monday, January 16th is a Child Care Day- No Classes, as Toms River Schools are Closed (Child Care is provided for those following the Peppermint Tree calendar)
Just a reminder that we do not hold our regular classes when Toms River Schools are closed, however we do provide child care for those who selected the Peppermint Tree Calendar. Those children who follow the Toms River Schools calendar with us are not expected to attend on these days. However, if you need care, you may arrange with the office to add 1/16 to your child’s schedule on a space available basis. Those children who follow our full Peppermint Tree Calendar will be on our list to attend on 1/16, if they normally attend on Mondays, so no need to arrange in advance for those families.
Mr. Scott the Music Man will visit each classroom on Monday, January 23rd
The children absolutely love their “Mr. Scott day” each month! He wears tie dye head to toe, and shares his all original zany music and movement program with the children, while encouraging them to get exercise and enjoy life!
A FREE virtual Parent Workshop is being offered on Thursday, January 26th, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., via Zoom, entitled: “Pyramid Model Approach Overview and Working Through those Times when your Child Just Says “No!”
I am thrilled to announce that our school’s Pyramid Model Coach, from Montclair State University, Yolanda Sosa-Ortiz will be presenting this workshop for our parents and staff. This topic was selected based on the results from the surveys sent out in the Fall and also from input at our Parent meetings. We will send out the Zoom link before the event. Please mark your calendars now!
2022 Tax Statements
You may print out a statement of your 2022 Child Care expenses, to use while preparing your tax return, from your account on our Parent Portal. Go to MyProcare.com on a web browser, where you can view all your payment and billing history. (NOT on the Procare app that we use for checking in and out of school).
Annual Flu Shots REMINDER (If not yet completed) Please send in updated immunization record. The Health Department requires the annual Flu shot for all children in Preschool, under the age of 5.
As per the State of New Jersey requirements, all children who attend Peppermint Tree who are under 5 years of age, must get an annual Flu shot, before December 31. (If you missed that deadline, please get your child the flu shot as soon as possible and send in the record.) Please send in proof of this vaccination for your child’s file. Please note, the Ocean County Health Department audits our student records for immunizations.
In case of snowy or icy conditions, please look out for a message from us through the Procare app. That will be our primary communication in stormy weather. (It’s easiest and quickest to get an early morning message out.)
We will also make every effort to place a website announcement on the home page, and send an email for updates about school opening on these days. We also provide this information to WOBM radio “Storm Watch”, and change our outgoing phone message. We make every effort to be open, however the safety of our staff and families is our first concern. As a guideline, if The Toms River Public Schools have a delayed opening or are closed due to inclement weather, the earliest we will open is 8:30 a.m. This will give us time to get our driveway and walkways plowed, salted and sanded and determine if we will delay further or have to close for the day. There are no refunds or credits for inclement weather closings. We will be able to make up for up to three snow days at the end of the year, if we have them.
For safety on the playground: Please no scarves or hats with long scarves attached.
We do not allow scarves at all on the playground, as they are hazardous on playground equipment. (Can get caught in the swings, or wrapped around a child’s neck.) Thanks for your understanding. Note: We also prefer mittens over gloves, as it takes more time to get all the children into gloves! Thank you!
- Label Everything. If an item is not labeled, we may label it for you. This includes lunch bags, jackets, sweaters, mittens, hats!
- Please – Mittens ONLY/no gloves, no scarves.
- No strings on jackets or hoodies.
- Dress your child in layers. We go outside every day that it is 32 degrees or higher, and not precipitating, as long as there is no snow or ice on the playground.
- All children must go outside with their group. If a child is too sick to play outside, then they should stay home from school to rest.
- Please drive SLOWLY in our driveway. Thanks!
- Please do not park your car at the end of our driveway, as it is too narrow to accommodate parked cars and two-way traffic. Park further back in our driveway.
- Please do not leave your car idling in our driveway. This is a safety concern.
- Please remember to download the “BoxTops for Education” App on your phone, sign up to raise funds for Peppermint Tree, and scan in your grocery receipts. This is a helpful and important fundraiser for us.