Happy New Year to all of our families and staff! We hope you and your family had wonderful holidays together, and are enjoying these extra snow days! We have a lot in store for your children and for the whole family in 2022.
I am so thankful and excited to let you know, that as a community, we raised over $400.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through our Pajama Days in December. Thank you to all who participated!! You all also raised over $1,500.00 for our new Playground Apparatus in donations and in our profit from the Miss Chocolate Fundraiser sale! When the snow clears, the children will see that the new apparatus has now been installed! We thank you all so very much for your generosity!!!!
Announcing … ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2022 IS NOW OPEN! We are offering in-house priority registration to our current students so you can save a spot for your child before we open the registration up to the public. You may complete the registration form and pay the registration fee on our website to save your child’s spot for the next school year.
- In-House Priority Registration for School Year 2022-23 for current families only: Now through – January 17, 2022. As of January 18, 2022, Fall 2022 registration will be open to the public. Online registration is open now, and we are also sending home a paper registration.
- In-House Priority Registration for Summer Camp 2022 for current families only: January 18, 2022 – January 31, 2022. As of February 1, 2022, Summer Camp registration will be open to the public. We are usually 100% sold out for camp (with a long waiting list), so please register during the in-house priority registration period to ensure you get a spot and the schedule you need! At this time, we do not know what restrictions will be in place for the Summer – so we do not know how many visitors we will have, or if we will have field trips, but like last Summer, we will have the Swimming Pools open and we will have a great Summer with lots of on-site special activities and themes (as we have had the last two summers during Covid). If your child has not attended our summer camp in the past, you can learn more about it on our website (again – the specifics of the program for 2022 will be determined by the Covid restrictions in place at the time of camp): http://www.pepperminttree.com/our-summer-program/
Monday, January 17th is a Child Care Day- No Classes, as Toms River Schools are Closed (Child Care is provided for those following Peppermint Tree calendar)
Just a reminder that we do not hold our regular classes when Toms River Schools are closed, however we do provide child care for those who selected the Peppermint Tree Calendar in Mrs. Hamilton’s class and Miss Liz’s class. Those children who follow the Toms River Schools calendar with us are not expected to attend on these days. However, if you need care, and your child is in Miss Liz’s Preschool class or Mrs. Hamilton’s Pre-K class, you may arrange with the office to add 1/17 to your child’s schedule on a space available basis. (Miss Caren’s PreK class and Miss Alyssa’s Early Learners class are not open on child care days.) Those children who follow our full Peppermint Tree Calendar will be on our list to attend on 1/17, if they normally attend on Mondays, so no need to arrange in advance for those families.
Mr. Scott the Music Man will visit each classroom on Thursday, January 20th
The children absolutely love their “Mr. Scott day” each month! He wears tie dye head to toe, and shares his all original zany music and movement program with the children, while encouraging them to get exercise and enjoy life! He visits each class separately, providing them an entertaining interactive performance, while wearing a mask and staying 6 feet from the children. Even with Covid precautions, his energy and exciting program engage the children without fail.
A FREE virtual Parent Workshop is being offered on Tuesday, January 25th, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., via Zoom, entitled: “Supporting Your Child’s Increasing Independence (and your sanity!) Through Successful Potty Training and Sleep Training”. (Workshop is Free of charge to our families)
Board Certified Behavior Analysts for Toms River Schools and Peppermint Tree parents Colleen O’Donnell and Sarah Strazzella will be our workshop presenters. We truly appreciate them sharing their expertise Please mark your calendar now, and we will send the Zoom link out when the date gets closer.
2021 Tax Statements
You may print out a statement of your 2021 Child Care expenses, to use while preparing your tax return, from your account on our Parent Portal. Go to MyProcare.com on a web browser, where you can view all your payment and billing history. (NOT on the Procare app that we use for checking in and out of school).
Annual Flu Shots REMINDER (If not yet completed) Please send in updated immunization record. The Health Department requires the annual Flu shot for all children in Preschool, under the age of 5.
As per the State of New Jersey requirements, all children who attend Peppermint Tree who are under 5 years of age, must get an annual Flu shot, before December 31. (If you missed that deadline, please get your child the flu shot as soon as possible and send in the record.) Please send in proof of this vaccination for your child’s file. As an alternative to visiting your child’s pediatrician for the Flu vaccine, you can visit the website for the Ocean County Health Department to find out when they are giving flu shots. There is a lot of good health related information on their website as well. www.OCHD.org Please note, the Ocean County Health Department audits our student records for immunizations.
In case of snowy or icy conditions, please look out for a text from us through the Procare app, or check our website announcement on the home page, or your email inbox for updates about school opening on these days. We also provide this information to WOBM radio “Storm Watch”, and change our outgoing phone message. We make every effort to be open, however the safety of our staff and families is our first concern. As a guideline, if The Toms River Public Schools have a delayed opening or are closed due to inclement weather, the earliest we will open is 8:30 a.m. This will give us time to get our driveway and walkways plowed, salted and sanded and determine if we will delay further or have to close for the day. There are no refunds or credits for inclement weather closings. We will be able to make up for up to three snow days at the end of the year, if we have them.
For safety on the playground: Please no scarves or hats with long scarves attached.
We do not allow scarves at all on the playground, as they are hazardous on playground equipment. (Can get caught in the swings, or wrapped around a child’s neck.) Thanks for your understanding. Note: We also prefer mittens over gloves, as it takes more time to get all the children into gloves! Thank you!
- Label Everything. If an item is not labeled, we may label it for you. This includes lunch bags, jackets, sweaters, mittens, hats!
- Send in two clean, labeled cloth (or disposable) masks each day for your child.
- Please – Mittens ONLY/no gloves, no scarves.
- No strings on jackets or hoodies.
- Dress your child in layers. We go outside every day that it is 32 degrees or higher, and not precipitating, as long as there is no snow or ice on the playground.
- All children must go outside with their group. If a child is too sick to play outside, then they should stay home from school to rest.
- Please drive SLOWLY in our driveway. Thanks!
- Please do not park your car at the end of our driveway, as it is too narrow to accommodate parked cars and two-way traffic. Park further back in our driveway.
- Please do not leave your car idling in our driveway. This is a safety concern.
- Please remember to download the “BoxTops for Education” App on your phone, sign up to raise funds for Peppermint Tree, and scan in your grocery receipts. This is a helpful and important fundraiser for us.