March is a super busy month at the Peppermint Tree, from start to finish! We open the month with the Ocean County Library Storyteller visit on Monday, March 2nd, to help us celebrate Read Around America and Dr. Seuss’ birthday. And, our Parent Group is hosting a First Responders Night, on Tuesday March 24th, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Parents, siblings and students are all invited to attend this FREE event. Please RSVP. We hope you’ll join us!
During March, we will also have our monthly exciting visit from Mr. Scott the Music Man on March 23rd, and we are offering the Ocean County Sheriff Department’s Child ID Program. They will be here the mornings of Wednesday, 3/11 & Thursday, 3/12 making the ID’s. If your child does not attend on a Wednesday or Thursday, you may bring them in at 9:30 to get an ID made. (Please send the form in advance so the information can be entered into the system.)
Looking forward to a fun and enriching month together! Thank you for being a part of the Peppermint Tree community.
Valerie Frost-Lewis, MS Ed
SIGN UP NOW!
Fun Bus is offering three more weeks of fun (before the Soccer Shots season starts) – March 5th-March 19th
Back by popular demand for three more weeks – the Fun Bus fun will continue! Sign up at: https://funbuses.com/ocean-county
Fun Bus is an optional activity you may choose to sign your child up for. If your child has not yet tried it, maybe this 3-week session would be a good choice for you! If your child has been attending The Fun Bus on Thursday afternoons, you can extend their fun for 3 more weeks.
Soccer Shots is returning to Peppermint Tree for a Spring Soccer Session – the new session will start on Thursday, March 26th at 2:00 p.m. A FREE Demo class will be offered on Thursday, March 19 at 9:30 a.m.
This is an optional activity you may choose to sign your child up for. Many children enjoy this class: children learn soccer skills, as well as a lesson on character during each class. The classes offer a fun, non-competitive atmosphere. Classes are taught outdoors by a soccer coach from “Soccer Shots” on The Peppermint Tree grounds. For more information on Soccer Shots and to register, go to: http://www.soccershots.org/oceancounty/
Registration for Summer Camp 2020 and 2020-21 School Year are now in Full Swing
We are now accepting both summer camp and school year 2020-2021 registrations from the general public, and we are doing a bit of advertising for this, as well. If you have not yet registered your child, please do so as soon as possible, as space is limited, and we are filling up quickly. Not all age groups and all schedules remain available. If you have a particular schedule you will need, and you have not yet registered, please be sure to register now! We are getting close to full in both camp and for the next school year. With our on-site swimming pools and extensive activities, our summer camp tends to fill quickly. You can register quite easily, for both Fall and Summer, on-line at our secure website: https://www.pepperminttree.com/registration/ or by filling out the paper application we sent home recently.
Please keep in mind that there is a $125.00 family registration fee to reserve your spot for the 2020-21 school year and a $75.00 family registration fee for Summer Camp. A separate fee is required for each session, however, one fee covers all children in your family for that session. We also offer online payment for the Registration Fee and for tuition as well, via PayPal. See our website (any page but the home page) for the button to “click” on to pay us via PayPal. If you have any questions, just call us at 732-929-2500.
A quick reminder about Summer Camp tuition: The first payment for summer camp is due on June 1, as is your last payment for school tuition (unless you get your security deposit applied). Some families choose to begin paying for Summer Camp in advance by making partial payments to offset the extra tuition due in June. We will gladly work out a payment plan that will work for you. Just call the office.
$25.00 Referral Tuition Credit – for each family you refer to Peppermint Tree (once they register)
Is your family enjoying all of The Peppermint Tree activities? Is your child benefiting from the loving care and enriching education we offer? If so, please spread the word about Peppermint Tree! We will reward you, if you do!
“Word of Mouth” is our best form of advertising! And, we truly appreciate your spreading the word about Peppermint Tree to your friends, family and neighbors. We offer all of our current families a tuition credit of $25.00 for each new family you refer to Peppermint Tree. Once they pay their registration fee, we credit your account $25.00. There is no limit to the number of credits you can earn!
Join the Summer Fun at Peppermint Tree Summer Camp!
We have so much to offer with field trips, daily themes, swimming pools, swim lessons, and visitors: there is non-stop action and choices to keep your child active and happy all summer long. We offer three, three-week sessions. Your child can attend 2, 3, 4, or 5 days per week. If you haven’t yet tried our summer camp, why don’t you sign your child up for at least Session 1, to see how they like it? There is a full description and a full calendar of events at: http://www.pepperminttree.com/our-summer-program/ Join Us!!!
Additional Upcoming Family Events in April & May – Mark your calendars!
- Budding Artists Gallery – at Toms River Library (Month of April) We will be submitting artwork from our students for this art show-more details to come.
- Ocean County Children’s Festival “Family Play Day:Explore the Fun of Learning Through Play”: Saturday, April 4th, 10:00 a.m.– 12:30 p.m., at Toms River Library– mark your calendars! This will be a fabulous free family event including Family Plat Stations throughout the library, story time, crafts, the art show and an interactive performance by George the Drum Man. This event is in celebration of the National “Week of the Young Child”. Miss Val is proud to be the organizing chairperson of this community event. We hope to see you there! More details to come.
- Open House Ice Cream Social, Monday, May 4th, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.– Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundaes, Mr Scott the Music Man and The Fun Bus!
- Pajama Night/Parents Night Out, May 15th, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Miss Val and Parent Volunteers from our Parent Group provide movies, pizza and fun while parents have a chance for a night out. More details to follow.
- Family Outing at Lakewood Blue Claws, Saturday, May 30th, 4:05 p.m. game. NEW EVENT!!! The Peppermint Tree Parents Group has secured $10.00 Blue Claws tickets for our families, so we can have a group family outing! We will begin selling the tickets soon.
Our next Parent Group Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 18th, at 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Child Care is provided at no charge. Please RSVP for the meeting.
Please consider joining us! All parents/guardians and staff are welcome to help us plan events and activities that benefit The Peppermint Tree children and families. Come and meet your fellow Peppermint Tree parents and help us continue to bring great experiences to our kids and families.
- If you bring your child into the building or pick up from the front door, do not park at the end of the driveway. There is not enough room to accommodate your car and another pulling in, and we do not want your car to be accidentally hit by someone swinging into the driveway. If you are coming to the front door, you may park on the street either before or after the yellow curb, or in our driveway, behind the front edge of the building. Do not park next to the front lawn. Thank you!
- When entering and exiting the school with your child please hold your child by the hand. We have a very busy driveway and parking lot, and Partridge Street is also quite a busy street.
- Afternoon Snack: Many full day children come to the end of the day and find they have nothing left in their lunch box by the 2:00 p.m. snack time, and the 5:00 p.m. snack time. (4:00 p.m. for school aged children). Please send in a labeled snack meant for the afternoon, or two afternoon snacks if your child is here after 5:00 p.m. Label it “Afternoon Snack”. Please remember that a healthy snack includes two food groups, so whole grain crackers and peanut butter, or apple slices and cheese, for example would constitute a healthy and complete snack.
- “Boxtops for Education”: Remember to download the app and scan your receipts. This is an important fundraiser for us! Thanks to parent/staff volunteer Kristen Bernstein for managing this program for Peppermint Tree.
Thank you! And let’s have a wonderful March together!
Valerie Frost-Lewis, MS Ed.
Owner/DirectorTags: Child Care, day care, Early childhood education, families, Family Activities Toms River, Mr. Scott the Music Man, Nursery School, Pre-K, preschool, Preschool Registration, School Registration, Summer Camp, Summer Camp Registration